Wednesday 3 August 2011

Survey 5, Sumiswald-Berne, 25.7.2011







































Like every day breakfast at 7 am - good and healthy in that hotel.







































Guess it's a copy of an Anker.






























An very odd couple.







































The beauty of a curraged roof.







































An historic Celtic path.







































Even holes in the wood are looking good.































And by luck another castle Trachselwald...







































They say it was used until the 20th century as a jail.







































Didn't found a toilet so far.






























This was the only light in the third floor, below it was not better in any way.































Medieval wellness treatment.






























Nice view from the guard's room.







































Lot of tasty things to try, but to early in the morning.






























Another friends of mine, I call them brownie and flury.







































Yeah.







































It's just how rural people are.






























Guess, that is from the same artist.







































"It's been told that the hiker is a sinner
Because he's rarely going to church.
In the nature a glance to the sky
Is better as a false prayer!"







































Fascination wood construction.








































In the name of industrial heritage.































Rare - very rare.







































Some people are good, really good.































dir donners Schnuuderihüng?








































National ceremony day - the top holy day in Switzerland.







































I really thought, that I give up to collect that... but, well, this one was a little bit different as the others.







































Private house very much in the mind of a castle.






























The new skills of the carpenters.



How Hornussen looks, in real, and the appropriate dress.








































Carrier pigeon, not common city pigeon they told.































In this summer, path attendant is a dream job.







































My constant fellow on the trip: Ms. Death, Mr. Pain obviously missed the connecting plane and Dr. Ennui went to have some beers.







































Unexpected interesting graphic design.







































Full identification with the own business.







































Almost the archetype of that farm house type.
Actually, they are not that big because the Emmental farmers have been more able as others - they had just until the newer times a very good slavery system, search: 'Verdingbub'






























Hires navigation backup.



Just one reason, why we never would like to go back in former times.






























Michelangelo told, that no he himself is creating his sculptures, it's the stone, who is telling him what's inside.
A good farmer sees as well, which other functions are bearing in a machine.







































He must come through this hollow way, no other path leads to Berne







































I like them especially, when they are fresh and sweet.































Very simple relations, I'm here and I must go there.







































One of the several moments, when I thought that I am on the top, but behind the next curve I saw, that there is still a way that leads more up.






























Blueberry fields forever!







































They are almost growing into the mouth.































I would like to say, that I had mostly that kind of weather. But it was different.







































Just in the name of completeness: an Emmental cheese dairy.































The only hiker I met who was not on an religious mission (Way of St. James).
Pascal Bourquin from Swiss TV, also on an surveillance mission: http://info.tsr.ch/twitter/surlaroute.php







































And again I was on a very nice path.































In fact very nice: raspberry everywhere, and as it looks, I'm the first one who sneaks by.



My main protection strategy against any danger in the world: to watch the world through the camera screen.








































In less as two days I did 81 kilometres... not bad, especially because I marked on the map straight directions with a daily distance of 17 km.







































No comment.








































I'm still not sure why, but I mean the name of it is "Rössli Heistrich' - very recommendable for a short excursion out of Berne: http://www.roessli-heistrich.ch/







































One of the rare moments where I got a local beer what not belongs to an international player - and it's tasty.







































Fits well with the Rössli-Teller.







































"It was the only possible solution"








































I know, roofs and shadows, one of my spleens.































The most impressive moment is, that they are not giving up this pavilion.






























In the meantime I came way to close to the Alps, that was the reason, why I had steady to go up and down. (and yes: I saw that rooftop of a castle, but I thought, just for once I'm allowed to leave it there unvisited)







































How a barn looks from inside.







































Current handling with traditional wood ornaments.







































"Bringalot"






























"Vegetable - please come in" - the last desperate effort of a broken farmer without fields?































Look left, look right - equals shake the head.































There are two good things to say about that municipal administration: they are not wasting public money and second, they know from own experience, how the precarity lives.







































The farmer's great-grandpas pride.







































"Do you remember, are we now visitors of 804 or 408?"







































But not the worst settlement at all.































Finally back in suburbia - I have it almost like Andy Warhol who told, the best in foreign countries is Mac Donald's - in the suburbs I know exactly who I am and where I am (I am customer, and without car I'm on the wrong place).






























Suburbia with all its opulence.







































It's unbelievable. Already at the outer boarder of the city Berne is the tourist office placing some clerks to attest that it is the most sedate town in the country.






























But the colour of the river Aare is truly special.







































Irresistible - I drank of it, smells good.
(In fact I had the following days a bad stomach, but I can't say it was the Aare, it's also possible that it have been the berries what I had, or the water from a bad fountain on the way...)







































Bern-Belpmoss international airport with one operator.






























Where I spend my night, with CHF 65.- not even expansive, in relation to everything I know from Zurich.






























Nice rooms with international chic (mind the view to the parking slots).







































The lobby, also an art gallery.








































My middle of the walk feast: a beer to remind myself to my last year walk to Munich, and a meal that was owing this international place.






























The skylounge, regrettably there was nobody to help me with the whiskeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment